Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- The candidate will work under the supervision of the Company Secretary / Legal Adviser
- He / she will work to ensure and enhance the legal protection and minimise the legal risk exposures of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice, representation and support the company for all legal matters
- Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the company
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to department especially on contract
- Support the review and reporting of progess of outstanding litigation
- Provide inputs to form business deals and contracts
- Read and understand the contracts and agreements of the company to identify possible problems.
- Support the drafting of legal documents by creating preliminary drafts of legal documents and correspondence
- Assist in reviewing draft legal documents to ensure compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Prepare reports, letters and agreements
- Keep proper documentation of all legal documents for maintaining confidentiality of business transactions and proprietary documents
- Any other duties as assigned by the Company Secretary / Legal Adviser.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum of 7 years post call to bar experience in a corporate environment
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- Gender: Male or Female (Preferable)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Knowledge of Company and Employment Laws
- Contract Drafting
- Research and Administrative Tasks
- Relationship Management
- Good Planning and Organisational Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Literate and Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- A logical thinker who pays attention todetails
- Excellent time management skills.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2020.