The successful candidate will act as Support to the implementation of safety and security policies and protocols including crises management plans across Sub Saharan Africa (SSA). This position will be based in CIP’s Nairobi, Kenya offices and will report directly to the Global Risk Safety and Security Manager in Lima, Peru.
- Systematically monitor CIP leadership regarding the execution and adherence to CIP’s safety and security policies and protocols through the management of key performance indicators and other information;
- Coordinate and lead training procedures for CIP staff to mitigate risk and execute their respective roles in response to incidents/crises;
- Review and update safety and security information provided to CIP Staff including, orientation and other training sessions, country specific visitor briefs, record of emergency documents, country evacuation plans, vehicle management systems, vehicle GPS program and tracking systems, MS Sharepoint information;
- Assist in assessing high risk independent travel and provision of recommendations for CIP staff;
- Maintain awareness of security issues and emergencies in the Countries CIP operates in using available resources. Provide timely and relevant summaries to key staff;
- Support Incident Reporting in SSA. Summarize, analyze and report key trends and statistics regarding safety or security issues experienced by CIP staff and IRS families, and recommend preventive actions as necessary;
- Assist in conducting risk assessments as needed for current or prospective CIP office locations and project work areas. Provide timely and thorough reports to management regarding particular safety concerns;
- Ensure that CIP is in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and current best practices related to health, safety and security;
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding CIP’s occupational health, safety, and security policies, protocols and resources;
- Help coordinate SSA Incident Response including communications to ensure that CIP’s response is effective and consistent;
- Conduct investigations and follow up regarding incidents and accidents impacting CIP staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Emergency Management, or Industrial Engineering with completed thesis (Required);
- At least 6 years of relevant experience;
- Advanced level of MS Office, especially in Excel, outlook and sharepoint;
- Knowledge of relevant laws and standards such as ISO 18788, 45001, 35000 related to Risk, Security, Occupational Health and Safety, Emergency Management;
- Certification / education (courses/diplomas) in one or more of the work areas (Required) Such as ASIS International or Institute of Risk Management, or other;
- Fluent in official language according to country location and advanced written and oral communication skills in english;
- Experience with military, police, other NGO (desirable).
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa;
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world;
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment;
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience;
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal;
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply:
Visit the following link: (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/) and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on 30 May 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts