Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Manager
- The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate and manage LBS externally funded research.
- Implementing proactive administrative and operational strategies aimed at securing funding for the institutions’ research projects and advising on regulations and policies on research funding. Monitor the MSAs to ensure that they are effectively following career expectations.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
They include but not limited to:
- Identify prospective funding sources, new funding initiatives, and support for current research projects.
- Maintain liaison and effective communication and build a beneficial relationship with individuals and organizations at various levels across the research community.
- Manage application for external research grant including proposal development, budgeting, completion of proposal forms, progress report submission, expenditure reconciliation, research compliance requirements, subcontracts, renewals, exit and sponsors term and conditions.
- Liaising with funding bodies on their procedures, regulations, terms and condition to ensure they adhere these to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide technical support to the Research Director in strategic planning and implementation of policies and procedures to promote research activities in the faculty.
- Identify prospective participants and coordinate the development of faculty interdisciplinary research teams and proposals.
- Develop and facilitate workshops, meetings or conferences that enhance research funding opportunities and profile.
- Prepare substantive administrative reports and documents. Manage varying voluminous caseload of complex assignments and projects from multiple sponsors requiring deadlines and timely submissions.
- Represent the unit in committees and relevant university meetings.
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to direct reports
- Oversee that institutions’ research outputs and academic publications are on the university website, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Line manager to assign any other specific or Adhoc duty from time to time.
- Coordinate the activities of the case writers.
- Good First Degree in Social Sciences
- Professional Qualification: An MBA is an added advantage.
- Planning and Organizational skills and initiative
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Supervisory skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of Budgeting and project management
- Knowledge of research grant administration
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Knowledge of proposal writing
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Experience in policy drafting
- Experience of operations of research funding and donor agencies
- Secretarial skills
- Public Relations skills.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.