Nigerian Breweries Plc – As the foremost brewing company in Nigeria, we are proud of our vision to Wow Nigeria with our Great Brands, Passionate People and World Class Performance.
Nigerian Breweries Plc is recruiting to fill the position:
Job Title: Process and Control Improvement Manager
Employment Type: Full-time / Permanent
Job Level: Mid-level Management
The core activities of the P&CI Manager are to support the business in the following areas:
- Controls Monitoring
- Process & Control Management
- Continuous Process Improvement (CPI)
Additional areas include:
- Risk Management
- Fraud Management
The P&CI Manager needs to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.
- Working knowledge and understanding in two or more of the following areas: risk management, internal control, process management, fraud management & compliance.
- Experience in the area of internal control, internal/ external audit or process management and improvement.
- Knowledge in assessing process and information flows, performing cost/benefit analyses, tracking results, developing recommendations and implementing changes that benefit business performance.
- Strong documentation, presentation, quantitative, statistical and computer skills, with emphasis on the ability to perform data analytics, sophisticated analysis with spreadsheet and/or database applications.
- University degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper in Economics, Accounting/Finance or Business Administration and possession of Masters Degree is an added advantage. A first degree with 2nd Class Lower degree must have a Masters’ Degree.
- Finance, Accounting, Internal/External audit background, Professional certifications including: – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA/CFE or – CIA/RO.
- Internationally recognized certification in Six Sigma (Yellow/Green/ Black Belt)/ PMP / Prince 2 would be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant work experience in a reputable audit firm.
- Experience within internal/external audit of multinational companies, including operational audit, risk management.
- Proven success in influencing management and performing management controls reviews, providing strong effective business oriented recommendations.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Knowledge of internal control.
- Creation of Policies and Procedures.
Process & Control Management:
- Ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.
- Identify and report process activities that deviate from the global standard or local management approved procedure.
- Identifies improvement opportunities in performing the assigned tasks, through business or technical knowledge, and escalation for immediate action.
- Jointly drive with Local Management the design and documentation of business processes and controls, applying the global process design and management methodology.
- Ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes, including Process Performance Indicator(PPI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined by the Business.
- Ensure PPIs and KPIs are monitored on an ongoing basis to identify any risks or opportunities for improvements(processes & controls). Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard by local management.
- Monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.
- Support in developing key control framework and execution of internal controls over financial review.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently tested.
- Be responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
Fraud and Risk Management:
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to lead the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response and monitor existing and emerging risks.
- Support in driving the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management (RM) framework by ensuring relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drive the creation of risk responses.
- Conducting Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business,
- Develop specific action plans to mitigate, accept or transfer risk and monitors progress on an ongoing basis.
- Raise fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures.
- Drive fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and address them through strong process and control design and testing.
- Support fraud investigation as requested by Local Management, Global Legal Affairs or Global Audit.
- Provide assurance that processes and controls are designed, implemented and operating in line with the relevant policies, procedures and HEINEKEN Rules.
- P&CI is informed about policy changes and assesses the impact on existing control frameworks. Provide advice, support and challenge during the implementation of policies (global & local).
- Register, track and log policies & procedures. This includes the review and challenge of self-assessment activities.
- Plan, lead and execute business process oriented internal control reviews, compliance audits and activities that deliver the P&CI plan to provide the business with comfort in the internal control environment.
- Support and/or lead execution of global audits (inside or outside of the Op Co) Execute process and compliance audit of vendors.
- Prepare reports which include remediation plans etc.
- Define and execute remediation plans (in agreement with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to embed a process improvement culture, drive process and control improvement and realize benefits.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, benchmarking and innovation.
- Build process improvement capabilities through training and people development.
- Challenge existing processes to identify improvement opportunities using benchmarks and external best practices.
- Evaluate the success of the improvement projects and the benefits realized.
- Leadership skill
- Analytical skill
- Expert Report writing & presentation skills
- Adept knowledge of Internal Controls and Governance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High collaborative abilities
- Effective Stakeholders Management capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak French will an added advantage