Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable Firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Head, Engineering
Direct Reports: Factory Staff
Division / Unit: Operations and Maintenance
- To ensure optimal plant performance while ensuring compliance with specifications, international engineering codes and standards and general safety standards, policies and processes.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a production schedule/strategy for operations in line with the Company’s strategy.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Ensure compliance with service level agreements by contractors.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a maintenance plan/schedule for all plant facilities/equipment.
- Ensure the availability of documented procedures for plant/equipment operations and maintenance.
- Effectively coordinate the interface between Operations and other project teams to ensure unimpeded workflow.
- Ensure that all permits necessary for construction of plant facilities are obtained and/ or updated as required.
- Oversee the acceptance testing of all plant equipment and spare parts.
- Coordinate all pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities of the plant.
- Oversee and ensure availability of adequate and skilled manpower for plant and marine operations.
- Ensure the provision of adequate/sufficient welfare facilities (such as accommodation, medical facilities, etc) on the plant site.
- Keep abreast of innovations/developments in meter plant facilities and proffer recommendations for improvement of the company’s facilities as required.
- Ensure synergy and collaboration in interdepartmental activities and communication to facilitate effective and smooth running of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Operations and Maintenance
- A first degree in Mechanical or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Professional/post graduate qualifications
- Minimum of six (6) years related experience in an Power company with at least 2 years in managerial capacity
- Good understanding of global and local Power industry
- Working knowledge of meter production, typical plant operations, equipment and maintenance standards, etc.
- Knowledge of HSE, plant operations, operations management.
- Excellent resource planning and utilisation skills.
- Ability to efficiently multi -task
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Result oriented/ quality focused disposition.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.