Categories

December 4, 2020

My News on Point

Daily News Update From Top News Blog Around The World | Your News on The Go

Mario Balotelli considered return to England with Championship side Barnsley

2 min read

The striker was released from Brescia in June (Picture: Getty Images)

Mario Balotelli was recently in contact with Barnsley over a move to the Championship side, according to reports.

The former Liverpool and Manchester City striker is now a free agent after his contract at Italian side Brescia was terminated earlier this year.

And according to The Sun, Balotelli considered a dramatic return to England to help the Tykes avoid the drop.

Balotelli is known for his outlandish antics (Picture: Getty Images)

The report states that the 30-year-old was offered to the South Yorkshire club, with his agent recently in contact with Barnsley co-chairmen Chien Lee and Paul Conway.

Despite initial interest from Balotelli, he changed his mind about playing in the Championship.

Barnsley were said to be keen on the striker helping their fight against the drop with the Tykes 16th in the table after 11 games played.

The former Italy international won the Premier League at City in the 2011-12 campaign, famously providing the assist for Sergio Aguero’s last-gasp goal against QPR to seal the title on the last day of the season.

After a brief spell at AC Milan, Balotelli spent a season at Anfield where he failed to make an impact.

Since then, the eccentric figure has played for Nice, Marseille and most recently, Brescia, and is now believed to be considering options other than Barnsley.

His former Inter Milan, City and Italy manager, Roberto Mancini, recently expressed his sadness at Balotelli not having a club.

‘I am very sorry to see him in this condition,’ Mancini said speaking at a sports industry event last month. ‘At the age of 30 he should be in full technical football maturity and would have been very useful to the national team.

‘I love him and I hope something good always happens to him.’


MORE : Liverpool make decision over new centre-back transfer after Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez injuries

Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

For more stories like this, check our sport page




Source link

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us
  • Contribute to MyNewsonPoint - Register to become an author to contribute with your knowledge.
  • Send breaking news, releases, photos or videos of happenings around the world Us via
Live Updates COVID-19 CASES
  • World 65,536,040
    World
    Confirmed: 65,536,040
    Active: 18,647,520
    Recovered: 45,376,605
    Death: 1,511,915
  • USA 14,535,196
    USA
    Confirmed: 14,535,196
    Active: 5,690,940
    Recovered: 8,561,427
    Death: 282,829
  • UK 1,674,134
    UK
    Confirmed: 1,674,134
    Active: 1,614,021
    Recovered: ?
    Death: 60,113
  • Italy 1,664,829
    Italy
    Confirmed: 1,664,829
    Active: 759,982
    Recovered: 846,809
    Death: 58,038
  • Nigeria 68,303
    Nigeria
    Confirmed: 68,303
    Active: 2,833
    Recovered: 64,291
    Death: 1,179
  • Ghana 51,667
    Ghana
    Confirmed: 51,667
    Active: 797
    Recovered: 50,547
    Death: 323
//whugesto.net/afu.php?zoneid=3682068