We are a global media and entertainment company located in Abuja, Nigeria. We offer amongst other products, premium television programs, documentaries, music production as well as smart printing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Cinematography
Start Date: February 2021
- We are seeking highly creative and innovative individuals to join our busy and exciting team. The ideal persons will be talents that are willing to run with our vision while working in an environment that delivers excellence, fosters growth, personal development and total wellbeing.
- Due to expansion, an exciting position has become available for a supervising cinematographer to join our dynamic team based in Abuja.
- The main purpose of the job role will be to oversee and direct camera work in movie-making as well as the audio visuals. The ideal candidate will have strong project and location management skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the team of Cinematographers to deliver on projects and job requisitions to the specified service level agreements and timelines.
- Choosing a visual style for films. Determining the visual style and approaches for films and stories.
- Establishing the camera setup for every shot. Determining which types of cameras, camera lenses, camera angles, and camera techniques best bring the scenes to life. Collaborating with the script supervisor to scope out each scene and design what the most effective vantage points for cameras will be.
- Determining the lighting for every scene. Display expertise in using lighting to create the right visual mood the director aspires to achieve. Works to enhance an image’s depth, contrast, and contour to support the story’s atmosphere.
- Exploring the potentials of locations. Based on understanding of what visuals excite the director, makes recommendations about what shots to capture.
- Collaborating with actors as necessary. Attending rehearsals with the actors to adjust the camera in response to a particular gesture or action, and as actors adjust their body positions and blocking, to better fit the framing of the shot.
- Elevating the vision of the director. introduces ideas and concepts the director may not have considered.
Role Requirements & Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in Cinematography
- 2+ years’ experience in team leadership and supervisory capacity
- A strong portfolio of past projects
- Ability to work with Adobe, Cinema 4D and Photoshop Applications is essential
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Should be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal skills, delivering at pace, attention to details, excellent communication, leadership skills.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Salary
- Great Location
- Medical Insurance and Pension
- Dynamic working environment.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a short Cover Letter to: [email protected] Please include in the subject of your application – ‘Application – Cinematography Manager’.
Note: Applications not stated in the above way will be discarded.