3101 Media Limited, a media and public relations company, in the business of providing media, branding and public relations services in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: In-House Researcher
Start Date: Immediate.
Working Hours: Mondays – Fridays, 9am – 5pm.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3101 Media Limited is looking to hire a dependable Researcher to work on various company projects. The Researcher’s duties include aligning methodologies with research goals, using a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings and schedules to management and other stakeholders, identifying trends and patterns, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, as well as protecting databases and confidential information.
- You should be able to deliver presentations and communicate effectively at all levels.
- To be the best possible candidate for the role, you should be resourceful, and demonstrate excellent time management and patience in order to be able to meet strict deadlines.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
- Conducting physical and online research, and using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls, and interviews to gather data.
- Sourcing and researching facts, figures, and information using the internet, film and tape archives, specialist collections, picture libraries, museums, etc.
- Conveying findings accurately to others in reports.
- Ability to act as a media researcher and work with a production team to conduct field research, prepare budget and time schedules.
- Analyzing and interpreting patterns and trends.
- Recording findings by taking written notes and using appropriate software.
- Maintaining and protecting electronic databases.
- Anticipating research issues and promptly resolving them.
- Promptly reporting any problems to the relevant stakeholders.
- Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Writing proposals and delivering presentations when required.
The role as a researcher will also require the following:
- Meeting with producers, directors, designers, presenters, and writers to discuss the research needs of a programme.
- Work closely with the in-house copywriter to produce content ideas/programmes.
- Assessing contributors’ suitability for the programme, researching and booking appropriate people and locations.
- Briefing copy writers and presenters on topics, assist with updating scripts and editing reports.
- Sourcing copyright for literary and music sources and gaining clearance for any materials used.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Research, Economics, or any related field required.
- 4 years of extensive and proven experience in a research field.
- Sound understanding of research and testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications – including word, excel, PowerPoint, communicator, and outlook.
- Good understanding of broadcasting and media & production.
- Strong math and statistical skills.
- Experience using statistical analysis software.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Well-versed in database management.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of specific field.
- Perform objective and ethical research at all times.
- Visual thinking and the ability to be adaptable yet methodical.
- An instinct for a good story.
Application Closing Date
9th April, 2021.
Tuesday, 6th – Friday, 9th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.