Barry Callebaut Group – With annual sales of about CHF 7.3 billion (EUR 6.5 billion / USD 7.4 billion) in fiscal year 2018/19, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from sourcing and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 60 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of more than 12,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Sales Manager, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for managing organizational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, lead generation, and customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
- You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
- An individual who is familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and procedures with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers, such as Food Manufacturers (Confectioners, Ice Cream, Biscuit …) and Gourmet (confectioners, pastry shops, bakeries, restaurants and hotels) while respecting a time management schedule.
- Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services.
- Respond to customer enquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Managing distributors in how they supply, sell and promote Barry Callebaut portfolio and brands.
- Coordinating Trade Marketing and Technical activities between BC and customers / distributors.
- Develop Chef to Chef relationships and engage in Chef Associations to build brand awareness and usage opportunities.
- Other regional and Group related office work, including admin tasks (Salesforce platform, weekly reporting, price list management etc.). Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
Required Academic & Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor /Master Degree in Economics, Business Administration or Sales & Marketing.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Sales, preferably in a multinational FMCG company.
- Commercial skills (presenting, discussing, negotiating).
- Entrepreneurship spirit and passion (autonomy will be a key driver).
- Knowledge of the chocolate / gourmet industry is a plus.
- Being open to and adapting quickly to new sales and marketing approaches.
- Fluent in English both written and oral.
- Open for frequent travelling.
Application Closing Date