Appzone Limited is Africa’s leading provider of Integrated Banking and Payment software platforms and incidentally creator of BankOne; the world’s leading cloud infrastructure for Banking and Payment processing targeted at Small and Medium financial Institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Communication Manager
Job Opening ID: 85
Job Type: Full Time
- Are you a Rockstar Communications Professional? Are you fascinated with the latest tech trends, especially in Financial Technology? We are looking for a talented, self-driven and ambitious Corporate Communication Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team!
- This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, and you will be responsible for the creation and execution of Public Relations strategies for the Holding Company and various subsidiary companies.
- You will also drive content development and deployment across Paid, Owned and Earned platforms, as well as lead media relations and internal communications efforts.
As The Corporate Communication Manager your Job responsibilities includes the following:
- Implement communication plans for the parent organization, its subsidiaries and various product offerings
- Implement the corporate brand positioning agenda for the Holding company as well as corporate brand launch and positioning for all subsidiaries
- Execute Investor branding strategies that provide global visibility, generate strong investor interest, and support aggressive fundraising
- Execute internal communications and employer branding strategies that foster alignment and attract elite talent.
- Handle editorial planning and content development for internal and external messages across different communication channels.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations to generate and shape news coverage of the company.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and execution of activities required for successful attendance of external conferences, seminars, Fairs, exhibitions, and any other events.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of activities required for the successful hosting of corporate events.
- Manage the company’s digital/social media presence and interactions via group company websites, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- B.Sc in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Media & Broadcasting or related field.
- At least 5 years related work experience including experience in marketing communications, Public Relations and Internal Communications within a reputable branding and marketing communications firm, digital marketing agency or marketing-focused corporate organization.
- Experience working with technology or tech-enabled businesses is a plus.
- Experience working on successful rebranding or marketing campaigns for reputable technology companies will be an added advantage.
- Strong technical writing and business writing skills with the ability to produce compelling and professional written content for publication via reputable international and regional news media
- Extensive media contacts across the SSA region
- Proven understanding of (and competence in) B2B/B2C brand positioning and marketing communication with an industry reputation for successful execution
- Candidate should have basic knowledge of banking, payment, and digital financial services in general
- Candidate should possess strong capabilities in media content development, marketing communication, media relations, digital marketing, event marketing, and B2B/B2C brand management.
- Candidate must have very strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly proficient in analytical thinking
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly assimilate and internalize new knowledge from an unfamiliar domain.
- Candidate must have high personal ambitions, drive, and strong work ethic.
Application Closing Date