Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on the 7th of January, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
- We are looking to engage an Account Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our finance team.
- Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices.
- To run the unit smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Assist in the oversight of the annual budget and preparation of budget projections and monitoring of budget
- Monthly Monitoring of diesel and fuel consumption
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Prepare financial report
- Assist the programme managers in the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of activities
- All other responsibilities related to accounting and financial implementation of programmes.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
As an accounting assistant, you must possess the following skills;
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Math skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting
- ICAN, ACCA certification would be an added advantage